Hi all,

I'm having some difficulties pulling records by MARC fields with indicators via SRU v1.1... and, not knowing where else to turn, I hope the good folks of the CODE4LIB community can help. (If there is a more appropriate place to seek assistance on this topic, please point me to it!)

What I would like to do is retrieve records by the utility number in the 035 field where the first indicator is a 9:
0359#$a<util_num>

The following query only pulls up those records where the two indicators are undefined:
http://<server>:<port>/<local_base>?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=marc.035="<util_num>"&startRecord=1&maximumRecords=15

So I figured I needed to add a marc.035:1=9 query so I edited pqf.properties to declare the new index:
set.marc = info:srw/cql-context-set/1/marc-1.1
index.marc.035 = 1=1211
index.marc.035:1 = 1=1211

And then I tried the following search:
http://<server>:<port>/<local_base>?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=marc.035:1=9%20and%20marc.035="<util_num>"&startRecord=1&maximumRecords=15

However, this returns 0 results ... and I know there are matches so something's not right. (And I get 0 results when I search just for marc.035:1=9, which is also incorrect since there are dozens of records where 035 has a 9 as its first indicator.) What am I doing wrong?

I'm new to the SRU protocol (and search protocols in general) so I'd greatly appreciate some assistance.

Thank you!
Allie

--
Alevtina (Allie) Verbovetskaya
Web and Mobile Systems Librarian (Substitute)