(apologies for cross-posting)

As some of you may already know, the VuFind community has been hard at work on a major 2.0 release to improve and modernize the code.  I didn't widely announce the earlier 2.0alpha release, as it was a long way from the final architecture I hoped to reach for 2.0; however, today's release gets us a lot closer, and I think it might be of interest to the wider community.

Today's 2.0beta release features all of the same functionality as 2.0alpha, but it has been upgraded to use the newly released Zend Framework 2.0. Additionally, the installation process and configuration options have been made more powerful and flexible, and online documentation has been significantly expanded.

2.0beta is still NOT INTENDED FOR PRODUCTION, and some architectural details will change prior to the full 2.0 release in 2013. However, the code is maturing, and this release should be suitable for use by early adopters willing to follow development closely over the coming months.

To download the preview release, visit http://vufind.org/downloads.php; for online documentation, see http://vufind.org/wiki/.

- Demian