Every year we implement changes at the DLF Forum that will positively affect our impact on the environment. Last year, we offered filtered water in lieu of bottled, limited the amount of printed materials, and used compostable badge holders.

For the 2012 DLF Forum we will continue these green initiatives and encourage all of our session leaders to use electronic methods of dispersing information, such as Slideshare and Google docs, instead of hand outs. Additionally, since we will be at high altitude, we will be distributing reusable CLIR/DLF (BPA free and recyclable) water bottles at check in.

See our "Stuff You Should Know" page for more information on local weather and high altitude: http://www.diglib.org/forums/2012forum/stuff-you-should-know/.

We will be using the Guidebook app again this year, which allows participants to download the Forum schedule on a smart phone or tablet, in lieu of paper schedules. In addition to saving some trees, this application has interactive functionality-- create a personalized agenda, set reminders, or start a to-do list! Simply download the free Guidebook app (http://guidebook.com/getit/) and search for "2012 DLF Forum." If you prefer a hard copy of the schedule, please remember to print one before leaving home.

If you have any suggestions about other ways we can "green" the Forum in the future, please let us know via email<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you for taking part in our effort to make the DLF Forum an environmentally friendly event!

--
Jena Winberry
Program Associate, DLF program