Is anyone on the list going to Best Practices Exchange in December? http://www.bpexchange.org/

I just put in a proposal about our case studies after talking with a few CWG members about it last week. I'm hoping some others from the CWG will be attending and can help me present on this topic, so we get a variety of viewpoints from the different content teams. If you are attending and wouldn't mind speaking, please let me know asap!  We can work on the presentation together.

Thanks,
Abbie

Title:  Stories of Risk and Value: the National Digital Stewardship Alliance Content Case Studies

The National Digital Stewardship Alliance Content Working Group is assessing and selecting categories of content in topical areas that are important for preserving. The groups are developing case studies and/or models to share broadly with all stakeholders, from content producers to cultural heritage organizations. The goal of the case studies is to engage all members of the community in the preservation of content and to encourage the cultivation of relationships that could enable preservation. Case Studies will:
    Establish the value of the content and provide the rationale for selecting it for preservation.
    Document recognized opportunities for preserving this content.
    Describe target audiences/stakeholders.
    Outline a plan for educating stakeholders.
    Describe potential obstacles or risk factors.
    Develop actionable next steps.

Session participants will discuss this activity and share draft case studies.

Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke