On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Jon Stroop <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It's sad that we have to address this formally (as formal as c4l gets
> anyway), but that's reality, so yes, bess++ indeed, and mjgiarlo++,
> anarchivist++ for the quick assist.

This.

> To that end, and as a show of (positive) force--not to mention how cool
> our community is--I think it might be neat if we could find a way to make
> whatever winds up being drafted something we can sign; i.e. attach our
> personal names

Diversity and inclusiveness is a state of mind, and our individual and
collective actions exert that force than any policy or pledge ever could.

I'm hoping that things can be handled with the minimum formality necessary
and that if something needs to be fixed, people can just talk about it so
things can be made right. If we need a policy, I'm all for it. But it's
truly a sad day if policy rather than just being motivated to do the right
thing is what's keeping people playing nice.

kyle