I think questions of proportionality are meaningful, but regardless of how
we're doing by that standard, there's still work to be done. I want to see
the tech community become a lot less white and male, and if that means that
the community spends a little time explicitly encouraging a more diverse
group of presenters, then sign me up for that job.

--James