Sorry all. The original question posed by Chad was whether or not we should
be concerned about the number of women presenters at Code4Lib.  I countered
with a "Dunno?  How many women are in the community?"

If the survey finds that the "number of women that proposed a talk" =
"number of women in the community" then we might want another survey to
focus on why women aren't in this community -- at which point we would be
aiming the survey at a different group of people.

If the survey finds that the "number of women that proposed a talk" <
"number of women in the community" then we might want another survey to
focus on why women aren't getting involved in this community -- at which
point we would be aiming the survey just at this list.

So the survey I propose first seeks to take a look at gender demographics.
 Once we know that, then we can do more.  Make sense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlSv4SUYWo