I did back-of-envelope math last year, based on the attendees list,
and my calculations showed that 54 out of 244 attendees were female,
so about 22%. This # is surely off as there were about 25 names that I
was unable to put a gender with. I counted these as male to get a
conservative estimate.

I believe this to be an increase from previous years, or perhaps
comparable to 2011. I'd guess all 3 percentages (attendees, proposals,
presenters) have been steadily increasing at pace since 2006. We can
probably estimate that the 2012 conf was 22% women, 2013 proposers
were 16% women, and presenters will be 12% women.

It would be interesting to do a longitudinal study of all 3 numbers
and some nifty data vis alongside results of the survey being
discussed. In addition to increasingly all 3 numbers, our goal should
also be reducing the (albeit slight) discrepancy across the ratios.

-Corey

--
Corey A Harper
Metadata Services Librarian