Normally a lurker, but I thought I'd point out that this is how SxSW
Interactive works. Voting is one part of the decision-making process, but
organizers have a lot of latitude to adjust the results to get the best
diversity of presentations. They also leave some slots free for
late-breaking developments and fill those solely at the discretion of the
organizers and director.

Danielle Cunniff Plumer
dcplumer associates