On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Nathan Tallman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This is a slightly different topic, but relates to Kelley's post: Does
> code4lib have a mentor program where more inexperienced geeks can pair up
> with someone to guide their development? I don't have anyone like that in
> my network, but would really like to.

My experience may not be representative, but over the years, this is the
number one thing people have told me in private would help. If you want to
get started but don't have sysadmin or programming experience, trying to
figure out what's going on simply by turning to websites and books (even
very good ones) is very intimidating.

There is no substitute for just having someone help find the path. I favor
this strongly and will make time for it.

kyle