Hi Joshua -

Interesting work!  I took on a tangential project to implement thin-client
opacs using linux/gnome sessions a few years ago with pretty good success
so it is nice to see some new work here.

Other than an internal report that says that the project was mostly
successful I do not have much that came out of that work but it was
interesting to see that the opac users (largely undergraduate students) had
no issues with simple tasks (web-browsing, document printing) and readily
adapted to the linux/gnome environment.  I had less success with some
linux-based thin clients in more robust word-processing environments though
(seemed to be an issue with lack of open office familiarity).  We actually
tried to conduct a user-satisfaction/perception study but found that our
students did not even recognize that the environment was different as and
such had no positive or negative opinions about the platform.  Have you
gathered any data from users that would show how people react to these
types of platforms?

Erik