Looks great, I completed a similar project a little over a year ago that
has been working out very well, much better than the XP install that was
replaced.

I started at the same libraryhacker post as you but ended up putting
together a solution using stock debian with the opera web browser in kiosk
mode and some additional firewall configuration to whitelist just our opac
domain.  I used clonezilla to deploy across all our opacs.

We haven't gathered any formal data from users but there hasn't been any
complaints.  I suspect most wouldn't notice any differences since the end
product is a full screen browser, no buttons, etc.

I wrote up a blog post detailing the original process
http://www.textlibris.info/archives/47

It's great to hear about these projects

David Cirella