Is the data-mini attribute really not getting set? Or is it being set but
the jQuery Mobile framework isn't applying its mini style? Inspect the
input elements with your dev tools to see if data-mini is set.

Without seeing your code, my guess is that it runs after the mobile-init
event where jQuery Mobile does all its magic, including taking all those
data attributes and using them to apply classes and inject markup. You
could either make sure your code fires before mobile-init (e.g. not
wrapping it in a $(document).ready() call would likely do the trick) or
directly applying the appropriate class, which is "ui-mini" I think.

Best,
Eric Phetteplace
Emerging Technology Librarian
Chesapeake College