Could we take a moment to stop and Google "sexist github" then stop and
Google "sexist reddit".

 "Sexist github" will bring up discussions on how to deal with sexism.  It
won't bring up pages and reams of blatant examples of sexism.

"Sexist reddit" will bring up a lot of really blatant sexism and sexual
imagery directed at women.  Even if you are in a subthread that isn't like
that, the general community is probably not what you should be aiming for.
If you shouldn't be aiming for it, then don't.

-Wilhelmina Randtke