Mark,

We had an issue at a previous job where, if the libraryh3lp widget didn't
load properly, it prevented the rest of the page from rendering,
effectively making our website unavailable.

The snippet of js + html libraryh3lp provides doesn't account for
situations where their service is unavailable, so we just wrapped it in php
function that checked that the libraryh3lp.js (or whatever it is called)
file could be reached before we'd insert the elements into the page. If
unreachable, we'd insert our standard "Chat is Offline" image instead.

Once we did that, the occasional blips of chat outage we're less noticeable.

Chad