Hi Mark,

To expand a bit on what Dre said, we did have an issue in recent memory
where libraryh3lp's javascript was loading slowly (presumably due to load
on their servers), and we ameliorated it by loading the javascript
asynchronously:

(function() {
        function scriptLoad() {
        var scriptElement = document.createElement("script");

                scriptElement.src = "http://somewhereelse.org/javascript.js";

         document.body.appendChild(scriptElement);
    }

        if(window.addEventListener) {
            window.addEventListener("load", scriptLoad, false);
        } else if ( window.attachEvent ) {
            window.attachEvent("onload",scriptLoad);
        } else {
            window.onload = scriptLoad;
        }
    })();

Basically, this uses JS to add a "script" element that loads the
external JS, and does its level best to trigger that function only
after the page's HTML has loaded, i.e. slowness on the external site
won't prevent the rest of the page from loading.

cheers,

AC