Version control.

My own strong preference is for git (either managed locally or through
github.com), but really, just pick a version control solution and use it.
If you value your work at all, it should be in version control.  Smart use
of version control can make finding and fixing problems in code much, much
easier - but even fairly naive use of it leaves you with much, much better
tools for fixing screw ups than you have without it.

- Dave Mayo