Apologies, everyone (and especially Bohyun). You may still want to consider
pointing people to foss4lib as a useful resource, but amend it with the
following statement:

"Free and open source tools may not be the best tools. You might not even
NEED software to handle whatever problem you have. Please consider
contacting [log in to unmask] for further insight."

Personally, I was unaware of either of these issues. It's a good thing I
came here today for some edification.