For what it is worth, I can offer an approximate measure of the utility of
COinS. After my online database had UnAPI metadata available for quite a
while, I began receiving lots of requests for COinS from people who use
Mendeley. Normally, I receive lots of complaints, requests and suggestions.
I have received quite a few thank-you messages since adding COinS. I agree
with the COinS negatives mentioned before.

David W. Lawrence, PhD, MPH, Director
Center for Injury Prevention Policy and Practice
San Diego State University, School of Public Health
6475 Alvarado Road, Suite 105
San Diego, CA  92120  [log in to unmask]
V 619 594 1994   F 619 594 1995  Skype: DWL-SDCAwww.CIPPP.org  --
www.SafetyLit.org