This fun MakerShed item will switch 120vac at 15 amps, on as little as 3
volts signal:

http://www.makershed.com/PowerSwitch_Tail_II_p/mkps01.htm

I don't know much about iOS development, but if you have access to the
docking port, 3 volts should be easy to muster.

Also, mumble mumble Arduino mumble mumble?