Michele, I think there are two threads going on. One is looking at the
gender make-up of the c4l community. But I was hoping to be able to
compare that to the gender makeup of the library techie community in
general. Because if we find that c4l is -- randomly -- 42% female, we
don't know whether that is representative of the actual workers in
libraries. In fact, by definition, it only represents c4l, and it's not
terribly meaningful if we can't compare it to something. It means
something different if 42% of techie workers in libraries are female,
and it means something else if 75% of techie workers in libraries are
female.

And then, once all of the numbers are in, you have to figure out if it
means anything at all, but we can worry about that later.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net