Then why make the distinction at all? I always thought Code4lib was
about communication between people who make code and those who use it,
recognizing that these are by no means disjoint groups.

I was recently a developer in a place that systematically discouraged
communication between developers and users. It made for bad development
practices. The value of Code4lib is that it's for creators _and_ users
of code.

This notion of a coders-only club seems to have popped out of nowhere.
Let's bury it rather than arguing over who counts as a coder.

--
Gary McGath, Professional Software Developer