ALA does salary surveys every year. This is from the ALA-APA toolkit [1]:

"Pay inequity also exists within librarianship. The Association of
Research Libraries, in its Annual Salary Survey
2005-6, reported that the average salary for male academic librarians in
member libraries was $63,984, while
the average for female academic librarians was $61,083.5

Library Journal reported that new library school graduates finally
crossed the $40,000 mark as an average salary,
but the gender split had women below that point with $39,587 and men at
$42,143."

And there's more if you go through the literature.

kc

[1]
http://ala-apa.org/improving-salariesstatus/resources/ala-apa-librarian-and-library-worker-salary-surveys/

--