Owen,

I think we owe it to future generations to make sure that they don't
have to know MARC. It's beginning to feel like one of those really bad
horror films where the dead keep getting up and walking. I'm up for
driving a stake through its still-beating heart.

Imagine, just imagine, a world where you don't have to have memorized
documents written 50 years before in order to process your data. (cue
music, fade out)

kc