I'm not sure that would work.  We aren't interested in library staff, we're interested in the CODE4LIB community, yes?  My manager doesn't know all the lists I subscribe to, or the communities I consider myself a member of, so I don't see any way for a library to report reliably on behalf of its staff.  Pretty much by definition, if you want to know demographics for a community, you have to ask the members directly.

Not to mention the question of including and "other" option for gender -- a library isn't likely to be able to determine that for its staff :)

Michele