Anecdotal only, but there are a LOT more women (both in numbers and proportionally) in code4lib than there were in, say, 2004. We weren't counting back then, alas. Our community is clearly doing a lot to move in the direction of inclusiveness. A lot of that happens in one-on-one interactions, which is part of what can make conferences so amazing.

Bess