I am not thrilled with the idea of anonymous proposals as I think that goes against the openness non-organization that is code4lib. Also based on the numbers posted earlier it seems inputs are more of an issue then the voting.

However, I love the idea of X number of presentations reserved for first time presenters. I don't know what the value of X should be but Bess's idea of 15% sounds good to me.

I'd personally also like to see a limit to the number of talks someone can give or propose, but I know this has been brought up before and, at least in the past, there was not overwhelming support for this.

Edward

--
Edward M. Corrado