On Nov 28, 2012, at 8:53 AM, Cynthia Ng <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> How often do people send in more than two proposals anyway?

A lot.  A whole lot.

That said, I don't think we should limit this.  If the program committee is comfortable with weeding the second (third, fourth!) elected proposals out in favor of the next most popular presentations, I don't see the problem.

FWIW, we have done this since the very first conference (Casey Durfee, I think, had two proposals voted in and we asked him to choose one and let the next highest vote getter in).

-Ross.