On Nov 27, 2012, at 9:33 PM, Cynthia Ng <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Getting traction for mentoring online is always difficult, but what
> about starting that mentorship at code4libcon?

+1 - being face-to-face might help ease the tension.

Having a sort of "speed dating" setup might help make better fits between mentors and mentees, as well.

That is, a roomful of nerds deferring passively to one another might not get us very far :)  Something more structured about what people want to learn and what mentors know and how they get along together would probably make for a more productive outcome.

-Ross.