Cynthia wrote:

As to whether people know who's a regular or not, reading through last year's discussion, we might consider the idea of people self-identifying as female, minority, first-timers, etc. as part of their proposals. Thoughts?
---

I would like to see the proposal requirements expanded to ask presenters to submit a short bio beyond name, institution, email. This will give potential presenters an opportunity to share what is useful/new/geeky/unique/awesome about their individual perspectives and backgrounds.

This would open up the field for bios that could say things like "I am a woman who learned to program after I had kids" as well as "I have presented at every code4lib conference and I have never once shown screenshots of XML."

Woman with a gender-ambiguous first name to throw off your statistics,
Robin