sure, but there's coding and then there's coding. i'm a sysadmin type, and i spend a minimal amount of time coding (although i do teach people how to use the shell to automate their work). i write small bits of code as needed to do my job, but nothing you'd recognize today. almost all of you have on your desktop (no matter what kind of desktop it is) some code i had something to do with a long time ago, though.

coder? do we really have to get so stuck in a definition here? we're all technologists, right?

-- h
----