Lisa M. Rabey, MA, MLIS
------------------------
Systems & Web Librarian
Grand Rapids Community College
p: 616.234.3786 | e: [log in to unmask]
http://grcc.edu/library | http://grcc.edu/library/socialmedia

>>> On 11/29/2012 at 7:52 AM, Andromeda Yelton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>
> > A coder is someone who writes code, naturally. :)  "code" is something
> > intended to be interpreted or executed by a computer or a computer program.
> >
> > I think everyone agrees that anyone is welcome at code4lib.
> >

> I agree with this *now that I am here*, but I did not know that it would be
> the case in advance.

^^^ This was my own perception, until the last few days. I was hesitant to join for the longest time since I do not primarily code either for fun or profit. It was encouraged of me, however, that not only were Code4lib people awesome but also a great resource.  From what I've read in the archives thus far, I'm inclinced to agree.

_lisa