On 11/29/2012, at 4:43 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Code4Lib didn't used to, when I attended the second code4lib conf, the vast majority of the presentations and presenters were NOT about grant-funded work or "digital repository" work, and the majority of people I met at Code4Lib were not working on such things.
>
> I miss that. Code4Lib was in fact the only place I knew of for people working on traditional library use cases, not on grant-funded projects, trying to innovate with technology and keep libraries relevant.

If your idea of keeping libraries relevant doesn't include digital library/repository and grant-funded work, then I think we have very different ideas about that.

In any event, the thing I always liked about code4lib was that there was a good mix of different stuff -- something for everyone.  So repository stuff and OPAC stuff and study room scheduling and everything else were all welcome.

-Esme
--
Esme Cowles <[log in to unmask]>

"A person, who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
 (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.) " -- Dave Barry