Folks,

I know someone, not in a library, who is looking for a "library checkout system for equipment".  In her words:

"We would like to set up a system that would allow us to loan media equipment to students, send reminders to users, keep track of the condition of the equipment, and monitor availability.  We would also need to be able to charge fines for tardiness or damaged items. The inventory is relatively small as inventories go.  I would estimate that we have 1500 to 3000 items."

Anyone have suggestions on possible solutions?  Alternatively, can you recommend a better listserv for queries like this?

Tito