From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of David Lawrence [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] OpenURL linking but from the content provider's point of view

I have some experience with the library side of link resolver code.
However, we want to implement OpenURL hooks on our open access literature
database and I can not find where to begin.

SafetyLit is a free service of San Diego State University in cooperation
with the World Health Organization. We already provide embedded metadata in
both COinS and unAPI formats to allow its capture by Mendeley, Papers,
Zotero, etc. Over the past few months, I have emailed or talked with many
people and read everything I can get my hands on about this but I'm clearly
not finding the right people or information sources.

Please help me to find references to examples of the code that is required
on the literature database server that will enable library link resolvers
to recognize the SafetyLit.org metadata and allow appropriate linking to
full text.

SafetyLit.org receives more than 65,000 unique (non-robot) visitors and the
database responds to almost 500,000 search queries every week. The most
frequently requested improvement is to add link resolver capacity.

I hope that code4lib users will be able to help.

Best regards,

David

David W. Lawrence, PhD, MPH, Director
Center for Injury Prevention Policy and Practice
San Diego State University, School of Public Health
6475 Alvarado Road, Suite 105
San Diego, CA  92120  [log in to unmask]
V 619 594 1994   F 619 594 1995  Skype: DWL-SDCAwww.CIPPP.org  --
www.SafetyLit.org