From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Young,Jeff (OR) [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] OpenURL linking but from the content provider's point of view

If the referent has a DOI, then I would argue that
rft_id=http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2132176.2132212 is all you need. The
descriptive information that typically goes in the ContextObject can be
obtained (if necessary) by content-negotiating for application/rdf+xml.
OTOH, if someone pokes this same URI from a browser instead, you will
generally get redirected to the publisher's web site with the full-text
close at hand.

The same principle should apply for any bibliographic resource that has
a Linked Data identifier.

Jeff

Of