[Cross-posted to the NDSA-All listserv]

A lot of activity has happened since the last NDSA Outreach WG call and we'll be discussing some of the activities on the next call, tomorrow, Wednesday Nov. 14 at 1:00 p.m. ET.

Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 866-469-3239
Participant access code: 21408589

First off is the approval of the NDSA Communications Strategy Document and what that means for the NDSA Outreach WG. The Strategy document identifies two main NDSA Communication Objectives:

*	To establish the NDSA as the coordinated national voice on digital preservation and stewardship issues.
*	To establish the NDSA as the key resource for the media, industry professionals, government agencies and the general public for information on the issues of stewarding and preserving digital materials for long-term accessibility.

It will fall to the NDSA Outreach WG to explore ways to bring these objectives to fruition and we will begin our discussion of that.

I've attached a copy of the Communications Strategy document. Please review it in advance of the call.

There's also more info at http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Communication_Across_the_NDSA and the Outreach Toolkit "Press Kit" at http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Outreach_Toolkit#Press_Kit.

Secondly, we've leaped hurdles and are clear to move ahead with the Strategic Partnerships activity that we started last year. See http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Organizational_Outreach on the wiki. We'll try to pick up where we left off and see what needs to be done to move this along.

If time we'll look at some other activities, including a tool identified by Wayne State as a possible way to harvest digital stewardship stories (see attached).

We welcome any interested NDSA members! If you wish to be added to the NDSA Outreach WG just drop me a note directly.

[Note, this is a special day/time for this month only due to the Veteran's Day holiday. We'll return to our regular schedule on Monday Dec. 10.]]

Butch Lazorchak
Digital Archivist
Library of Congress
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
(202) 707-2603
facebook.com/digitalpreservation
@ndiipp