From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 7:30 PM
To: Lazorchak, William
Subject: Archiving 2013 Abstract Submission Deadline Extended

The abstract submission deadline has been extended until November 27, 2012. There will be no further extensions given. Please take advantage of the additional time to submit your abstract.

A PDF of the Call for Papers can be found at www.imaging.org/ist/conferences/archiving<http://www.imaging.org/ist/conferences/archiving>.

The conference is April 2-5, 2013 in Washington, DC.

Proposed program topics include:

Preservation of Digital Assets
*         Storage technologies: novel approaches, monitoring, and reliability
*         Migration strategies
*         Preservation of social media content
*         Intellectual property, rights management, and legal aspects
*         Standards and guidelines
*         Innovative projects and activities

Technical Processes and Workflows

 *   Digital imaging technologies
 *   Metadata generation, searching, and indexing
 *   Quality management, certification, and  efficiency
 *   File formats for digital archiving

 *   Color management in capture and display
 *   Development of software and tools

Digital Curation

 *   Prioritizing collections for digital archiving
 *   Cost models and benefit of preservation
 *   Digital forensics and data recovery
 *   Curation of  scientific research data
 *   Strategies for databases  and  multidimensional data
 *   Automated review of restricted information

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. We hope to see you there.

Best regards,
Diana Gonzalez
IS&T Conference Program Manager
703/642-9090 x 106