Yes- thank you everyone, great call!  Here are some of my thoughts from
the call.....any comments?

Overall the use of open source solutions is to be able to rely on a
community for support and improvements while your own needs can also be
addressed.  The evolution of service providers around open source
solutions is another way to get support for use of the technologies
without having to do it yourself. And they also contribute back to the
community.

The risks for an open solution vs vendor solution are the same.  One
allows for building a community rather than paying a fee.  If tools are
agnostic then even if one part of the community fails (breaks up) you
still have the strength of the other tools in the mix.

The service providers need to balance the needs of the client and the
larger community.

And don't forget we have Islandora net week.

Karen