> Just wondering who might be willing to share what kind of stats they
> produce to justify their continued existence?

Although it's more anecdotal (rather than statistical), fan mail can
help make a convincing argument that certain services are worth
continuing.  Here at our library, I've seen both e-mails and
snail-mailed letters gushing with thanks for help at the reference
desk, thanks for a specific digital collection, thanks for an in-depth
research consultation.  Some of these are sent to specific staff, and
some to the library as a whole.

Our library director usually reads one or two or these aloud at our
all-staff meetings each semester, so I know she sees value in them.

Keith