I will only speak for myself but I left reddit after reading this:
http://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

Those on reddit might not aware of this story because rather than deal with
this issue in a substantive way on an institutional level, reddit decided
to ban Gawker links on their site:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2012/10/11/reddit_bans_gawker_links_over_adrian_chen_story_about_porn_purveyor_violentacres.html

Mita