Hi Mark,

In previous situations like yours that I've been in, I've found that if you
call the front desk of the hotel (not the reservation line or whatever, the
actual front desk of the actual hotel -- don't let them transfer you!)
they're usually happy to extend your stay at the conference rate. Worth a
shot, anyway.

-dre.