And it's not like there is some limitation to the number of rooms you
can hang out in.  Someone could hang out in #code4lib and
#code4lib-something-else just as easily (perhaps participating in
different ways in the different spaces).  I wouldn't see a second room
as pulling away participants from the first.  Two IRC spaces are
different than two mailing lists, imho.

Kevin