Apparently I used offensive language in a post recently, despite
intentions otherwise. So: I am sorry that I used offensive language. I
will strive to choose my words more carefully next time.

All of the following is my opinion -- one opinion among thousands
(there are over 2,200 people on this list).

I have been dismayed at discovering that there are people on this
mailing list who don't feel themselves to be "members" of this group.
I am of the opinion that there is only requirement to be a member of
this group -- you show up. That is, if you *wish* to be a member of
this group, in whatever form that takes (e.g., on the mailing list, a
regional conference participant, etc.) you *are*.

Also, what I was attempting to say (clumsily, apparently) is that I
believe that diversity is a great strength. Therefore, as a member of
this community (see above), I wish for a more diverse community. I
want more $underRepresentedClass to participate in Code4Lib, not
fewer.
Roy