The Button Museum is looking for students to develop our Digital Archive.
Students will gain unique and specialized experience researching, describing,
digitizing and cataloging our growing collection of historic buttons.

About the Button Museum:

Joel and Christen Carter, co-curators of the Button Museum and avid collectors
of historically significant buttons, founded the museum in 2010. The mission
of the Button Museum is to show how people commemorated noteworthy times in
their lives by creating and collecting these wearable mementos. The Button
Museum houses over 10,000 buttons that range from an original 1864 Abraham
Lincoln campaign pre-button to buttons produced this year. The Button Museum
is an institutional member of both the American Alliance of Museums and
Illinois Association of Museums.

Major responsibilities:

*Describe and catalog buttons
*Perform historical research
*Input data and research into museum database

Minimum qualifications:

*Pursuing a degree in Library Science, Archives, Public History or a related field
*Strong research and writing skills
*Strong organizational skills

Preferred qualifications:

*Experience cataloging museum objects
*Experience working with Photoshop and Drupal Content Management System

Hours required: 5-20 hours a week. Some work may be done remotely.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5161/