Okay, this problem is hard to explain.

Let's say I have a search box, with results under it.

I enter "Monkey" in the search box, I hit "search", I get a new page
with results for "Monkey", and the word "Monkey" pre-filled in
the search box (using <input value="Monkey">) in the HTML.

I decide I'm not happy with this search, I change the words in the
search box to "Baboon", and I hit the submit button again.

Then I press the browser back button to go back to "Monkey".

Now I'm looking at a page that has results for Monkey, has an <input>
with default value="Monkey" -- but where Chrome has 'helpfully' filled
the textbox in with "Baboon" instead, trying to help by 'remembering'
what I had entered there when I was first looking at the page and
pressed submit.

This is not helpful.

I am not sure if other browsers will do this too.

Does anyone know any way to get the browser to NOT do this? If you
understand what I'm talking about? (autocomplete=false does not seem to
have an effect).