The Echo Nest is the world's leading music intelligence
platform serving music data to 100 million music consumers a month via an API
that supports hundreds of queries a second to mobile devices, websites and
applications. We are looking for an engineer to help our team build the best
music intelligence products and grow our database of detailed data about 30
million songs and almost 1.5 million artists.

The perfect candidate is passionate about music and data, is a solid and
responsible developer, and can learn new things quickly. We use the latest
technologies to support our stack: Tornado, Solr, RabbitMQ, Tokyo Tyrant,
Python, Lua, svn and git, Amazon EC2, Hadoop. You'll be handed a Macbook Pro
and SSH keys and we'll want you to be up and running in a day or two,
committing production code. We'll expect that you've used our API before you
submit a resume.

**Responsibilities**

  * Write code (Python, Java, etc) to process and support the world's largest database about music.
  * Work on a small team focused on data mining, web crawling or databases and APIs.
  * Self-motivated task planning and deadline management.
  * Maintain and constantly improve the quality of The Echo Nest API data and web services.
**Ideal Candidate**

  * 1-3 years experience of development work
  * Linux administration experience - - shell scripting, cron, ssh, basic commandline interaction
  * BA/BS in Computer Science or related
  * Demonstrable knowledge of web application development
  * A strong familiarity with online music services and social networks
  * Self driven to a fault, learns on their own
  * Reads Hacker News but does not believe any of it without testing it first
**Location**: Davis Square, Somerville, MA

Send resume and cover letter to [[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask])

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/4877/