On 12/4/2012 12:10 PM, MJ Ray wrote:

> Really? I hoped if I wanted to do serious hacking, I could clone it on
> git.software.coop and send a pull request.  If you use github *and
> insist everyone else does* then you lose all the decentralised networked
> collaboration benefits of git and it becomes a worse-and-better CVS.

A "pull request" is a feature of github.com.  There is no feature of
git-the-software called "a pull request".

Which of course doens't stop you from sending an email requesting a
pull. A "pull", including from decentralized third party repos, is a
feature of git.

But yes, if you get used to the features of a particular free service,
you get locked into that particular free service.

This is certainly part of the overall cost/benefit of using free hosted
services.