On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Dan Chudnov <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> A point of history:
>
> Over the years several regional code4lib groups formed and some wanted to have their own lists.  When such suggestions have been made on this list, those suggestions have often been resisted, because of the success we had originally collapsing (combining?) people who wanted to talk about code and libraries into one big list.  Maybe some resistance to seeing a code4lib4women activity broken out is similar to that.  I feel that resistance; maybe I'm not the only one.

I was going to say this too.  I'm pretty sure over the years there has
been resistance to breaking out (for the regionals as well as for
particular languages and technologies).  I think it's a cycle...
things come together, then they pull apart... it's ongoing.  I don't
think this particular idea has met any more resistance than any of the
others in the past.  I also don't feel strongly that we need to have a
strong central point.  Let ten thousand Code4Lib flowers bloom...

Kevin