Bess,

Shawn's point is well-taken.  Is the issue that we don't have enough people to run both, or are we just trying to consolidate?  To Shawn's point, you don't have to know Blacklight to use Hydra, although it certainly helps when you're trying to customize.  Depending on the outcome, I could gear the Hydra session to cover the necessary bits of Blacklight.

...adam

On Dec 14, 2012, at 6:54 AM, Shawn M Kiewel wrote:

> As one of the people signed up for the morning session, I'd like to object. I wanted to attend the morning Blacklight session for more background and deeper understanding, even though I am also going to the afternoon Hydra session. I also would like this, as I'm pretty sure I'm going to use Blacklight for my new technology stack, but I'm not sold on Hydra yet (I don't know enough to make that call, and we use DSpace already, instead of Fedora). But even if we go with the full Hydra stack, I'll still need to have a good Blacklight understanding for proper customization, right?
>
> So, personally, I'd still like to see the morning session, though I certainly don't think you should hold it just for me.
>
> Shawn
>

> On Dec 13, 2012, at 7:31 PM, Bess Sadler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I am looking at the pre-conference sign up and here's what I notice:
>>
>> - not many folks signed up for the morning Blacklight session
>> - lots of folks signed up for the morning RailsBridge session
>> - lots of folks signed up for the afternoon Blacklight session
>> - lots of folks signed up for the afternoon Hydra session
>>
>> I am reaching the conclusion that we do not need the morning Blacklight session. I would like to cancel the morning Blacklight session and help out in the RailsBridge workshop instead, but I'm happy to have two Blacklight sessions if we have the demand for it.
>>
>> Are there any objections to canceling the morning Blacklight session?
>>
>> Bess

This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication. It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). If this communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication.